[Dailydrool] Mules & the Mutt Strutt

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 07:42:30 PDT 2010

I've decided that Ginger (aka Pita!) is part mule! Maybe ALL mule! She is
worse than awful to walk with so we decided to stop her from dragging me all
over the neighborhood and got a Gentle Leader. Well, if she wasn't scraping
her face on the ground trying to get it off, she just stopped walking. She
didn't flat basset, she just stopped, dug her heels in and wouldn't move!
All I could think of is that I must have looked like Cookie did in the old
cowboy movies when the mules pulling the covered wagon stopped and wouldn't
move and he stood there pulling on their halters to try and move them
forward. That was Ginger and me yesterday. Fortunately I had left her
harness on too because I didn't know how this was going to go and finally
gave in. I lucked out and she was tired enough by then that she had no
desire to drag me anywhere so we actually had quite a pleasant walk once I
got her moving. What a Pita this girl is!!!

BaRCSE is going to participate in an event put on by the Wake County Animal
Center this weekend out at Crowder Park so, if you're in the Raleigh area,
please come out and join us. It's called the Canine Carnival & Mutt Strutt
and it's this Saturday, Nov. 6th from 10 to 2. It looks like a lot of fun
and we're all looking forward to it. There is going to be agility and
obedience demonstrations....I don't think that I'm going to enter Ginger in
that one (or ANY of the Houndettes for that matter!)!

We have new pictures of the puppies and their mom on our website at
barcse.org and on our facebook page (at
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=23479955302) along with a
short video of the pups from yesterday if you'd like to see them. Abby is a
terrific mom and the puppies are turning into little butterballs. Their
little ears are getting longer so we remain hopeful. We had said that we
couldn't take in another hound. Well, never say never because a houndette
needs our help and it looks like she will be added to our BaRCSE foster
page. People are wonderful and, just when we think we don't have a foster
home available, someone steps up and takes in a needy hound. Basset hound
lovers have HUGE hearts!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Pita, ummmm Ginger