[Dailydrool] thinking about a dog park

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Mon Nov 1 09:33:39 PDT 2010

I am thinking about joining the local dog park to get the bassets some extra
exercise and enjoy the freedom of exploring and playing off-leash.  We have
been invited to bring them once for free just to try it out, which I
appreciate.  I am nervous for several reasons.  There is a pond at the park
and I have never had them in an off-leash situation except in our fenced in
back yard.  The rules of the park state that your dogs must be within your
command the entire time even though they are off-leash.  While I find the
rules perfectly reasonable, they are bassets and may not listen to me at all
– I don’t know yet.  They could end up a mile away from me for all I know.
I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

I would like them to have more than just our yard – that must get very
boring, and walks at the park at the end of a leash.  Here’s hoping we don’t
get asked not to come back – lol.

Alicia, Flo, Gabe and Liz