[Dailydrool] Traveling with a basset hound

Kathy Kontrim oahiggins at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:08:35 PDT 2010

Kelly,

I grew up an Army brat and we moved a bunch!  We had a basset practically
my entire life.  My parents brought Beauregard to Germany (where
I was born) and back again.  We moved about every other year from coast to
coast.  After the first Beau died, we got our 2nd basset, Beauregard II.  He
started off in Kansas before moving to California then back to Virginia.
During our moves, Beauregard (I and II) “summered” in Boston with my grandparents.  Both of them (Beaus I and II) always did fine
on the plane rides and were very resilient in our new place.  I don’t have any adult experience flying with
a basset.  Oliver’s longest trip is 5
hours in the car… with a hamburger break.
However, history tells me that Otis will do fine and will adjust to life
overseas.  It is a shame he doesn’t get
frequent flier miles.  Best of luck.

Kathy and Oliver A. Higgins (who thinks any trip over 10
minutes should have a hamburger break…sorry that there are no Golden Arches over the Atlantic)http://www.dogster.com/dogs/380337