[Dailydrool] Ms. Beasley's escape - I feel your pain

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Thu Nov 4 10:04:15 PDT 2010

I’m glad you got Ms. Beasley back safe and sound.

I loaded my crew of three up this past Saturday and planned two stops – the
first at the vet’s office to pick up a refill of Deramaxx, which Liz and
Gabe are both on, then to the park for a nice long walk.  So I go into the
vet’s office alone to grab the medicine and pay for it.  I am told that they
are due for blood work in order to get any more medicine.  If they are with
you, we can just do it now.  Not what I was planning considering I am all by
myself with them, but ok.  As we are leaving, they are all hyped up ready to
go have some fun and end up each pulling in a different direction.  Flo
jumps up into the back seat, then Liz attempts, but can’t quite get her big
butt up there.  All of a sudden, I feel very “light” – no more tugging on my
arms.  I look down to see that somehow, and I still can’t figure out how,
Gabe has managed to work his leash off of my arm.  I panic, shove Liz’s butt
up into the backseat, shut the door and turn around to see Gabe sitting in
the middle of the main street of Delaware, Ohio.  Fortunately I did not
faint dead away and was able to run towards the street like a maniac,
screaming his name.  Traffic was stopped and he didn’t run away.  He looked
at me with his tail and body wagging – oh hi mommy – isn’t this fun?  I led
him back to the car as I waved at all the nice people who stopped for him.
Had to be one of the worst experiences of my life.

I was pretty upset, but ended up taking them for the walk that I had
promised.

Alicia, Flo, Gabe and Liz