[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's Howl-o-ween

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Nov 4 16:48:41 PDT 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

This was our first Howl-o-ween in the new Casa di Diva and
Miss Angela was in fine form.  In our old neighborhood, we
had between 25 and 75 trick or treaters.  The new neighbor
said to expect 5 to 25 at this house.  He was about right.  We
only had 9.  Angela greeted them all without barking.  Being
a thespian, the costumes did not put her off at all.  She kept
them busy by demanding ear skritches and belly rubs while I
distributed the candy. The last group came about 9 and I made
them take all the rest of the candy so that I would not be temp-
ted.  The next morning, Angela did a quick sweep of the yard
(on her tether line) and was displeased to find that none of
the children dropped anything or threw anything away.

We still go back to the old neighborhood to walk in the park
where Miss Angela has so many friends.  We hope the nice
weather holds out so that we can continue walks on into Dec.

Monday I baked a ham, as much to make the house smell
wonderful and to have the bone for a pot of beans as for the
initial meal and the ham sandwiches.  I saved the ham fat
and juice that remained in the bottom of the roaster pan.  I
like to give Angela a spoon of grease on her dry food to
avoid cold weather skin dryness.  She really likes it, but I am
having second thoughts.  This time, the ham grease seems
to be giviing Angela noxious gas of the silent but deadly type.
We'll be on the couch, she with her hindquarters toward me
to facilitate scratching of said area, and then the air will turn
green and foul. Sometimes she will acknowledge her deed
by getting up and hopping down onto the floor, but often she
doesn't even wake up.  It is eye watering, stomach churning,
and hair curling stench.  I am waiting for her to do it while
I have a fire in the fireplace.  It may singe us both.  Of course
she has little regard for my feelings, just expects the butt
scratching to continue unabated.  It's a good thing I love her.

Healing drool for all who need it

Bill (My Dog, Angela, how can your insides be so foul?)
Angela (Quit whining.  I put up with you when you eat chili)