[Dailydrool] Re; Tarter (Biotene, anyone??)

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 14:26:38 PDT 2010

Hi Tina,

I understand all of the concerns I have over the years about tarter, bad
breathe, etc, etc.I can only suggest something that I use, but I have also
found it made for animals. I have the intention of buying some of this
stuff, as Boomers breathe could knock someone out. Cold.

If you watch any TV, you are bombarded by the ads from prescription
medication companies. One of the side effects always listed is 'dry mouth'.
I am afraid that I might frighten most of you if I told you how many
medications I take every day. I have a brain tumor, COPD, chronic
prostatitis, and I'm on oxygen; so dry mouth is a major problem for me.

The only product that I have found that helps me is "Biotene". I use the
Biotene toothepaste and the Biotene PBF mouthwash. And I swear by them.

A couple of weeks ago, while looking for something else, I stumbled across
the following website:

calvetsupply.com/category/Pet_Dental_and_Oral_Health

If the Biotene products work HALF as well in dogs as they do in people, they
are worth their weight in GOLD.

I am not affiliated with Biotene in any way, I just believe in their
products, as they have been the only oral products that help me with my dry
mouth. (If you have ever suffered from chronic dry mouth, you'll
understand:))

Has anyone else tried them on a Hound? Do any rescues sell these items? Does
anyone know someone who knows someone who knows about it??

I have not attempted to find Biotene Dental and Oral health products on
other sites, but I would guess that there are other places that carry it. Do
any resues have these items?

Drool to all in need.

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses from the Caspaw Cwew!

In Drool,

Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase)
Facebook: facebook.com/shannon.r.gerdel
MySpace.com/shannongerdel

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive