[Dailydrool] On the Road Again - Final Report

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Fri Nov 12 15:29:42 PST 2010

Well, we made it home.  We travelled all day on Wednesday . I think it was
429098243 nickzillion miles and we only got three potty stops.   Thank doG
that Large Marge needs fuel sometimes or I am not sure we would have stopped
at all.  The trip was pretty uneventful except for when we got on the Ohio
Turnpike and Dad thought he was Parnelli Jones.  This is what happened .
We were going to stop and do the dump station thing on the Ohio Turnpike.
Mom told dad which service plazas had dump stations and he decided to stop
at the first one.   So . the exit was coming up and Mom reminded him and he
pulled off into the exit ramp . except he was going too fast . like 100 mph
according to Granny Pat . and he couldn't make the turn into the dump
station lot!!  There was screeching of tires and smoking brakes but it was a
NO GO . at least not without us going into the grass and maybe tipping over.
Well, Dad "pretended" that he wasn't upset . Mom told him that it was no big
deal that we could just stop on the next plaza.
Then Mom and Granny Pat got started laughing about it . it was pretty funny
. even us bassets were giggling a little.  Mom said something about it being
a "drive-by dump station"  . then Granny Pat said something about NASCAR
racers taking 90 degree turns at 100 MPH . then Mom said something about the
valves needed to be open for a drive-by dump .. and then Granny Pat said
something about maybe Dad was trying to have a Sponge Bob Square Pants event
like she did when she rolled her van and the trailer.  By then Dad was
looking grumpy, Mom and Granny Pat were laughing so hard their eyes were
leaking . Finally Mom said to Dad "Lighten up Bubba!".  I think Granny Pat
about peed her pants when Mom said that .. And she snorted out . "Yeah,
BUBBA!".
When we got home, Carroll (one of the Twin Granddaughters) came over to help
get us guys out into our big yard so Mom and Granny Pat could get the
trailer parked before it got dark . she got into the truck and started
screaming . "GRAMMA . THERE IS BLOOD ALL OVER IN HERE!"  Mom, calmly said
"Oh yeah . Lena is in season."  I think Carroll thought Charlie Manson had
visited us in Large Marge.   Lena was a bit messy but she sure smelled good.
Yesterday and today have been perfect basset weather . in the 60's and lots
of sunshine . Dad has been using the leaf blower and we have been "helping"
by playing in the leaves.  It is fun to go on the road, but it is also fun
to come home!  Thanks for following our adventures.
Norm