[Dailydrool] Wiener dogs

Linda Dianis ldianis at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 06:20:57 PST 2010

We had a fun AmBassetor Education moment here on Sunday. I was walking
with Otis and Nelly as a car full of cub scouts rolled up the road,
stopping at each of the mailbox posts to pick up food drive donations.
One of the boys yelled out the back window, OH LOOK! The Wiener Dogs!,
which caused Otis and Nelly to be certain that this was a party of
friends arriving to visit THEM! When I grinned and called back,
"well, they are basset hounds, not wiener dogs," the driver parked the
car, and ALL 6 kids (and dad) piled out to meet the nonwienerdogs. (So
of course, Otis and Nelly were right.) The driver/dad said he had one
when he was a kid... etc. etc.
The love never goes away! Otis and Nelly were utterly thrilled by the
attention.
If I had had a camera, a shot of Otis and Nelly wearing their PBF
uniforms, posing with the cub scouts in all their regalia, would have
been swell.

Continued healing drool for those in need. We are pulling for Riley;
that the shelter Riley came from does not consider his abuse case
worth prosecuting, makes me sad.
Linda, with Otis and Nelly