[Dailydrool] Letter from Rosy Baby last Spring 2010

Casey Jones casey6948 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 12:22:57 PST 2010

Typed by Casey, the pet-sitter for Rosy on the day Rosy Baby’s humans were coming home from vacation---and the two weeks they were away had rain, wind and wet messes.

Please note that Rosy Baby can’t say most of her ‘L’s nor her ‘R’s, etc. Instead she has used ‘W’s or other mispronunciations. She also slips back into dog sounds; God bless her for trying to reach us through our challenging language.

May 14, 2010

Dea-west mumy and dady,

Dis is my fust time to be speeking huemon werds so pwease try to fo-wow-wow a-wong.

I know I’m named after a fua-wow-wor but I don’t wike smell-wing wike one. I wike smell-wing wike odder stuff. So just before yew wuz gonna come home, I pwe-tended to be a dood dog but I wuz waiting for my chance. And da minute Casey wooked de odder way, I waaaaan for de odder stuff! I perfoomed myseuf wif da ded cowcass I found and den I topped it off wif a spwass of wite burd spwat cuz I wanted to smell-wow-wow my bestest to weocome you home wif.

I know Casey is my fwend but she spoi-old my supwize for yew. She wuz werking all da day packing, getting ow-ow house all weady for yew. I wis her weft me a-wone, but she had a Bonnet fitting to do on me for da pa-wade and she said not woof my perfoom on. Ah-rooo kidding me?!! Dwess me in a bonnet but take my perfoom off?!! Wuz dat wite, mumy and dady?!!

I didn’t wike it coming off. She didn’t wike taking it off. So why did her boder me? She wuz mumbwing some-ting wike, “Of all da times da wain stops wen wosy needed a wain baff.” And “whea wuz her vacation?” and I tink her wuz ti-werd. She said wurds we don’t heer in dis fam-bwy mutch. Her wuz in a mood, why wuz dat, I wunder?

In-ee-ways, I taut yew should know I twied my best. It wuz sutch a fwess job I did on myseof too. Yew wood have been so pwoud. Wel-wow-wow-come home in-ee-ways, mumy and dady.

Wuv and Woofs,  Wosy Baby

PS. Hey, I haf-ta git into dis wite-ing too mumy and dady. I’m da al-fwa dog. I butt into evwee-ting. I wuz twying my best to git a fwess perfoom, too, but I guess Wosy is jis faster at it. My sista gots more ex-‘pew’-ee-ince in twicking Casey den me. But yew jis wait, I will twy my best to supwize yew too! I wuv you too, mumy and dady.

Daisy May Snickers (wosy's sister)