[Dailydrool] It amazes me...

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 12:44:56 PST 2010

 The things people do to innocent creatures...or the things they ignore which should be tended to or fixed.  My heart broke to see sweet Riley, literally skin over Basset bones but was even MORE astounded to think the powers that be don't feel his condition is serious enough to bring charges against the people involved.  Perhaps they should have watched a recent episode of Animal Police where a dog in similar condition was brought in and charges were made against the owner of the property where the dog was neglected.  Some MUST be held accountable.  I hope every animal lover in the town where Riley was located rights to their local paper and law enforcement demanding action be taken.  Sickening.

Then I see poor Little Bit.  What determination to keep going on what must have been an extremely painful defect or injury.  What I don't understand is how someone could watch the poor little guy struggle to cope and not get help for him.  Perhaps their arm or leg should be broken and left unattended.

Bev - You and Mr. Cooper have been in my thoughts and prayers since I read the news about his osteosarcoma.  How shocking this must have been as I know how diligent you are in seeking care for your dogs.  Sending healing drool that he will be as pain-free as possible as he makes his adjustment to being a tripod.  Hugs...

Thank you to all who foster AND congratulations to all recent foster failures for the love you share every day with the hounds in your care.  Bless you...

Heart healing drool to all with sick houndies or those who have lost beloved furbabies to the Bridge.  It's been a busy week so I didn't have much time to post but know that I read daily and cry with you all.

Marlene - I nearly peed myself at your comment on what kind of dog you had...Lord have mercy woman, you must warn us.  And the pork chop story?  I see my husband doing just that if they stole his dinner, LOL.  After all what's a few more Basset germs among friends, LOLOL.

My "surgerized" toe has healed nicely.  I have, however, had Achilles tendon soreness and pain for the past five or six months.  I hoped to deal with this while out of work for my surgery but could not get an MRI appointment for over a month.  Turns out I have a "frays" in my tendon; think frayed material and am no ensconced in a rigid boot with an air cast inside from toe to knee which must be worn for at least two weeks to calm down all the inflammation in that area before he will allow me to have PT to stretch the tendon and rid it of some scar tissue.  Sigh...clumping around on multiple walkies each day in this thing is going to be loads of fun.  Especially since Delilah is in a slow-moving grazing mode lately...

Hugs and snooters from all of us,

Sandi, Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dudley and Dozer