[Dailydrool] calendar day Nov 3 belated

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Thu Nov 18 15:14:45 PST 2010

I am a terrible basset mom, so late in announcing the MN Woofers calendar
day of November 3. There is a bittersweet story behind the photo.  We knew
our time with sweet Sidney was limited due to his age and multiple health
issues, so last summer we took the 3 hounds for professional photographs.
It was a hot day and after much posing, the hounds needed a drink.  No
official water bowl in sight so an empty coffee container was produced and
filled with water. Ella and Hank descended on it with gusto and Mr. Sid
waited patiently as was Sid's way.  Sid went to the bridge last March. We
still miss him every day but are so glad we have the photos from that day.
Copper joined our family as a foster not long after, having lost her home at
the ripe age of 12, and we have since adopted her.  We kind of think Sid
sent her to us.

Lisa and the MN Woofers

Ella Marie, Hank, Copper and Sidney ATB