[Dailydrool] Doggie 1st Aid

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Nov 20 15:42:28 PST 2010

Does anyone know of a good book for Doggie first aide?
I was looking for one that talked about all the OTC medications that you can give dogs for different minor bumps, cuts, bruises, upset tummies etc.  Like giving Pepto or maalox and how much to give for diarrhea or upset tummy,  give # of gas-x tablets for gas, and  a baby asprin for minor limping.  Benadyl and how much for itching, hives etc.   You now getting a dog through until you can get them into the vet, especially when stuff happens on a weekend or at night.
I use to be a vet tech, but that has been a while ago and I admit that I have gotten a tad rusty, so I would like to get a book or quick reference guide to brush up on my skills and also to reference when my brain goes to mush and I can't think becasue it is my hound that is sick and I lose my self confidence in my medical/vet tech skills.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt & Ruger