[Dailydrool] Loved ones ATB

Kr1204 kr1204 at aol.com
Sun Nov 21 09:07:23 PST 2010

We never really get over losing our beloved furbabies. As Jackie is still mourning her Pierre, Marlene her first basset and Janice keeping up the ritual she used with Emily when leaving the house- we all remember our hounds in different ways. I cry every day for a few minutes as I remember my wonderful bassets ATB. Several years ago my calendar picture was Spanky, Sonny and Elwood on my deck looking into the distance. I captioned it "Waiting for Mom".  and had it hanging my my office. After losing Spanky and Sonny suddenly within a month of each other and then Elwood a couple of months later, I wrote ATB after the caption but I had to move the picture so it is on a board behind me. Otherwise I would be tearing up all day. No one should feel ashamed or guilty over grief and even getting help. The thing to remember is the best help is right here in the Drool family. There is so much love and support that comes from this group that it may not ease the pain but it helps and gives us a forum to talk it out. I am so grateful that I found the Drool and have made many wonderful friends as a result. And I cry with everyone else when another goes to the Bridge.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki, Jordan, guests Drummer and Gracie and ATB Snuggles, Rufus, Rascal, Buster, Spanky, Sonny and Elwood