[Dailydrool] Shelby and Ninja

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 13:57:41 PST 2010

Dis be da Shelbs pawin in.  Mama don't eiber let me neer da puter.  You sees, I is bery old, at least fibteen and I can't see anyfing.  But I still gots a bwain and a big ole tude.  Anyways,  i wus almos killt yestiday.  Dat's rite, da mama an the biggie boyslabe was tryin to killt me.  Dey tryed to cuts off my pawpies.  They cutted parts ob my tosies off and were goin for da pawpies when I gotted away.  My poor tosies will neber be da same.  I got em dough.  I screeched, and wriggled and bit at dem and acted like a very pissed off ole lady.  When dey were done sawing on my toes, dey felted so bad dat I got a tweet.  Not just any treat.  I gotted a bowl ob rice and meat and stuffs.  Da more pathetic I acts, da bedder da tweet.  HeHeHe!!!  I gots to go sos i don't get in trubble.  Lotsa lubs to eberybody and especially all you ole dudes and dudettes.  We wock.

This is mom here. Shelby gave a good impression of a basset being murdered last night.  She did not want those nails clipped.  I held and the teenage slave clipped and wrestled and fought until they were done.  She fights so hard that I hate to clip her.  I'm afraid she will have a heart attack.  She even got feisty enough to bite a little.  Just to let us know that the old one still has teeth.  She is such a good girl.  She never complains and just spends her days napping on the various beds around the house.  She goes out about 20 times a day.  I think she forgets when she last went out.  I love this old girl.  I never thought we would have her as long as we have(almost 2 years) and I hope it is many more.  Old bassets are the best.

I also have to give Ninja a compliment.  I left some chocolate on the couch when I got up to fold laundry.  It could have been a really bad thing but she eyeballed it and that was all.  I guess she was just too tired to care.  She is the queen around here and tells everyone who will listen.  But she can also be a very good girl.  And she is my girl.  Right now she has her fluffy basset butt pushed up against my side while I type.  She never gets very far from her mom.

Son number 1 has helped Maggie become the counter surfing champion here.  He keeps leaving his plates on the edge of tables and counters with food on them.  Maggie is an opportunist.  She takes every opportunity to steal everything she can.  She acts like she is starved no matter what.  I think it is more the thrill of the score.  Maggie will get the boyslave trained yet.

We are so sorry to read about all the bassets who have left for the bridge.  I cry every time I read those sad stories.  My family thinks I'm nuts.  We are sending heart healing drool to the families of Emily, Stink, Alice and the other recent ones(sorry, but my brain has turned to mush.  I really am living a senior moment.)  We are sending healing drool to Gracie.  Get better girl, your family needs you.

2 cats-0, NInja-1  Yesterday the kitties were wrestling in a basket of clean laundry which was on the couch.  Ninja was sleeping next to the basket.  I was next to NInja.  The boys were fighting and hissing and making general nuisances of themselves.  They were sort of draped over the edge and still fighting.  Ninja had had enough.  She sat up, gave them two big glarey eyes and bellowed one time.  One bellow only.  I have never seen cats move that fast.  And these guys are pretty fast.  She then contined on with her very important napping.  We cannot allow the queen to be disturbed while napping.  How very uncouth.

Nija, Marley, Maggie, Shelby, and the cute but troublemaking kitty boys and the Mom