[Dailydrool] something funny

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 21 16:53:39 PST 2010

The Drool family has been so sad lately, with so many going to the bridge or being sick.  I wanted to share a laugh to try to remind everyone why we have bassets.
My 2nd basset, Rosie, is not a real playful dog normally, and she always has a look that makes you think she is mad, but lately she has made me laugh several times.
Today,  she got in my bed and tore it all up by getting under the covers and
wrapping herself all around the blankets, barking to try to get the others to play with her. Then she got hold of  a small blanket that was on the floor.  Another basset had chewed a hole in it, so Rosie got under it, put
her head out that hole, and started running all over the house like she
was a basset superwoman and that was her cape.  Then she took it
outside and ran all over with it, got it full of leaves and brought it
back in, and ran all over the house again, dropping her leaves as she went. I laughed so hard, which egged her on even more! There's always something, with this comical breed, isn't there?