[Dailydrool] MAJOR drool need for Gracie

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Sun Nov 21 19:27:53 PST 2010

Gracie's albumin dropped again today - as a reminder, albumin
is a protein which supports the blood vessels in handling the
fluids she needs to recover.  Without the proper protein, the
blood vessels will leak fluid into her chest, abdomen and legs.
The bottom line is that if Gracie cannot maintain this protein,
she cannot survive.

Tonight she is being given plasma to build up her protein
and we will see what happens then.  She has yet to eat
for them and my vet and I are concerned that she won't
eat  because she is scared (she doesn't like to be anywhere
but home).  So I am going to pick her up tomorrow and we're
going to see if she'll eat for me and keep it down. If she
does, then she can improve and we can move on to the
next step which might be some diagnostic testing on her
intestines.

If she can't keep anything down, then the handwriting is
on the wall and a diagnosis no longer matters.  We will
have her at home and let her go when the time is right.

We are in shock and asking ourselves what the hell
happened . . .   tomorrow Bill will head to the hospital
for his last chemo treatment and I will head to the
emergency clinic and get our girl so she'll be home
when her daddy gets back.  And then we will go on
from there . . .

We need all the power that drool can muster.  Gracie
is almost 9 years old, my Christmas present in 2001.
She needs to be well . . .

Thanks,
Donna