[Dailydrool] Lets have good news!!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Sun Nov 21 19:04:43 PST 2010

Momma here. lets start this week off with some good news--a update on Pw  Elder Clara. Yes, she is well, full of herself, and I count my blessings everyday as she pounds on the door of being 16 years old. Heck--no one is sure but she might of knocked that door down by now and be 17 by now.

Elder Clara keeps me hopping to say the least. I am still riding the mop, but she does make it out to the yard on her terms,which means when she feels like it. She follows Sister Daisy out there just like she always has. Her problem is that sometimes she will forget to squat while she is out there. This past week she has been full of herself. The other night I heard a noise in the kitchen, then again, I counted hounds and hmmm, no Clara--so I start looking and found her in the pantry. The snooter still works as she had found the tub of her joint maxx chews on the floor in there and was trying to chew off the cover. She was not amused when I took it away. She toddled into the family room from the pantry and here was Brudder Jake on her perch. She stood stock still, took another look and stormed the perch barking, snarling, the lipperflap curled to her eyeballs. Hubby finally took them all out for the nite time treet to get Jake to move and Clara to stop.

The next day she was back in full swing yet again. I had to leave at lunch time and go run pick up a prescription. This was very apparently not in her schedule as when I came back 30 minutes later, I opened the front door to be greeted by a trail of turds from the front door down the hall to the kitchen. At the end of the turd trail was Elder Clara--a smiling Elder Clara. Now how can I get mad at such wisdom???

Yesterday she gave me a scare, she fell in the back yard and came in limping on her front leg. I was terrified, the back legs are working but she has moments, but a front leg out of commision is more than even she can do. Or so I thought. I got some pain meds in her and by late afternoon, she let us know all was right in her world. She went after Elwood with a strong bark and a snap to her step.

I say thank you everyday I get to share with Clara, one is never sure when the dance will be over at her age, but smile for this old lady today.

Drool  To All In Need--Pw Gus----we hope you are doing well--let us know please!!!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake