[Dailydrool] Miss Angela and the fireplace

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 22 13:37:34 PST 2010

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is afraid of the fireplace.  You didn't hear it from me,
but she seems to be really leery of it.  At our old place, we had
some gas logs that put out a lot of heat and a low, hissing noise.
Angela would lay in front of the fire, as close as she could get
without spontaneous combustion, definitely enjoying the heat.
Here, we have a real fire. If I have really good wood and keep the
glass doors closed, Angie finds the fire tolerable but doesn't seem
to be particularly interested in it.  If the glass doors are open or
if the wood pops at all, she will get up grudgingly off the couch,
give me a dirty look, and go around behind the couch to curl up
on the floor.  Is this fairly normal behavior?

Angie had her vet examination this week.  Eye pressure was well
within the normal range.  (I have warned her not to show signs
of glaucoma until medical marijuana is legalized in Kansas-or
until hell freezes over, which may be a lot sooner)  She seems to
be really healthy and, as usual, the only comment came about her
weight.  It seems that the treats that I used to adapt her to our new
Casa di Diva have gotten out of hand again.

In our walks around the neighborhood, some of the local kids seem
to be getting to know her and look forward to her visits.  Of course,
she was such a sweetie at Halloween that I know she won a bunch
of fans.  Her tendency to flop onto her side and then roll to her back
are endearing to them (though I know that it is a flagrant attempt to
avoid power walking).

In general, things are going well here.  My three sisters (or, as I call
them The Good, The Bad and the Ugly) will be here along with four
or five grown nephews and nieces. I am trying to convince Angela
tjat. if she can refrain from counter cruising while they are here, she
will get good left overs.  So far, she's not buying it.

Healing drool to all in need.  I'm sure there will be a surplus of
drool around here for a few days.

Bill (get up, speed bump, I need to vacuum)
Angela (don't bother.. there's more hair where that came from.)

]