[Dailydrool] Is it okay to eat a paper plate? (The dog, not me.)

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Mon Nov 22 14:03:58 PST 2010

Okay, they don't call me "neurotic nelly" for nothing.

But none of my girls were ever counter-cruisers, or dumpster-divers, and
they never ate anything they weren't supposed to.  (Well, there was the
Sunday roast incident, but that was my fault.)  So I don't have  experience.

Anyway, I'm babysitting a friend's 25-pound dog.  I was interrupted  during
lunch, so I put a half a meatloaf sandwich up on the counter, out of the
way (hah).  She must have knocked it off the counter and the  plate landed
upside down, and she chewed (and ate, swallowed) a hole in the  middle of the
plate to get to it.

Of course she ate the meatloaf, I'm not worried about that.  But is it
okay for dogs to eat about a 2x4 inch square of paper plate?  (From the  tears,
it looks like she ate it in little bits, not one big piece.)  Just  the
cheap, thin, white paper plate, nothing fancy.

I worry about EVERYTHING.  You've probably guessed that by now.   I'm
convinced it's going to block her little intestines.

Thanks ...

Beth H.