[Dailydrool] Sister Daisy and the Kid next Door

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 12:20:38 PST 2010

Momma here,and as Elwood has nicely reported the Brudderz got a bath yesterday. We all know that a freshly washed basset seems to find energy from beyond, and it is no different here.
Sister Daisy did not get a bath yesterday as she does not do steps and I could not lift her up the stairs, but she ran and kept up with the boys. Then the neighbor kid came out to his backyard to play--he is about 12 now, and all these years Daisy has barked at him non stop. We have no idea why, but if he is outside she is at the fence barking, running, and will not leave this kid alone. Yesterday was no exception, and she was flanked by the boys, they were raising a fit. I let them bark for awhile and went out with the slip lead to bring Sister Daisy in the house, knowing the boys would follow. Well I got a lead on her and she every so slowly started walking up the yard when like a bolt of freshly washed basset comes "Da Brudder".  Well Elwood decides that it is time to play tug of war and grabs the lead in the middle and trys to run--I tried to stop him as Sister Daisys neck is on the other end, and enter Da Other Brudder--the 87 pound wonder of the East--and he joins the fun-and also grabs the lead. The more I yelled Drop It, the harder they tugged--with poor Sister Daisy now pulling in the other direction. By this time Elwood has me laughing so hard that the harder I tried to stop this, get the lead off Daisy's neck the harder the varmits pulled. By this time Daisy is gagging and the Brudders are in full tilt.
Sister Daisy's savior was that kid next door that she hates. He was watching and laughing and he and his buddies got such a hoot out of it they caught the boys attention, and they both dropped the lead and went to the fence.
Sister Daisy on the other paw, raced back to the fence to bark at him again. As I drug her to the house I told her she needed to give that young man thanks for helping her. I got a glare and a sharp yipe for an answer to that----somehow I think all those lessons Elder Clara has given her are showing the true colors---

Drool to all in need!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake