[Dailydrool] How to welcome new neighbors :)

Susan Green Suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 08:11:22 PST 2010

The people that lived next to me moved the beginning of the week.  In the 3 1/2 years I lived here they had numerous dogs and never cared for them the way I would have, but that's a whole different story.

Last night at 10pm I put Holly out in the yard for last call.  I usually stand outside on the step in case she would start to bark, can't let her do that late at night.  She is just ready to come in and I hear a dog barking in the yard next to me.  All I can think is that the idiots moved and left the doxie in the yard.

I come in and grab the phone and call Animal Services.  They tell me that since they left the dog it is animal abuse and put me thru to the Sheriff's department.  They tell me that someone will be out soon, but who knows how long that could be.  I then call Dawn at Daphneyland to find out how much I feed a doxie....it's only 8pm there so I know I'm not going to wake her.

I'm still on the phone with her when the Sheriff shows up.  I was impressed that they got there so fast.  My bedroom window is open b/c it's still in the 70's here and Holly starts howling when the deputy gets out of her car.  It's so quiet here at night that half of San Antonio heard her last night.  The deputy and I are trying to talk while I try to keep Holly quiet, not an easy task...LOL

She checked the yard and gave the dog water, but couldn't take her b/c there was furniture in the house.  She did come to my door to tell me what was going on.  She then went back to her car to fill out the report.  She was still there when a strange vehicle pulled into the driveway.  It turns out that new people moved in and it was their dog that was in the yard....LOL

Isn't that a great way to welcome a new neighbor???