[Dailydrool] Peace and Happy Thanksgiving

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 25 07:54:07 PST 2010

We are sending bowls of Thanksgiving drool to all those who have ailing bassets and to those who have lost their beautiful furbabies.   We hope the ones feeling poorly will be well soon and the families who are grieving will be able to remember the good times with smiles before long.

Maggie is being her honery little self.  She played in the Skittles last night.  I take them when I teach.  Kids love to get one for doing things well.  Anyway, I left them on the coffee table and Maggie decided that they would be lovely decorations for the floor.  It doesn't appear that any were eaten.  Just very lovingly played with.  The boyslave stayed up all night so no one took her to bed.  I think she was perturbed.  She loves to snuggle under the covers.  She is just so big that she takes up most of the bed.  She is 78 pounds of pure love with a little mischief thrown in.  Right now she is making a nest out of the two newspapers that no one has had a chance to read.  My girl needs her beauty sleep.

Last night before I went to sleep, I was stroking Ninja's back.  She sleeps on the bed and is the faithful watch basset.  She keeps us safe from kitties and marauding bassets who might want to join the fun.  She is my constant buddy.  She keeps an eye on me all the time.  She allows me to stroke her fur.  She knows it makes me feel good.  She has been with us for four years now.  After Sherlock died, we were devastated.  We still had Sunny, the I will bite your face off if you get too close to me basset, but were sorely in need of someone to love who didn't act like Cujo.  Ninja was on the GABR website and the rest is history.  She is such a delight.  She is my beautiful red headed child.

We wish everyone a very happy and peaceful Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for all the basset love I have experienced over the years.  My first two bassets came to live with us in 1983.  Sharing their lives has been an adventure I wouldn't trade for anything.  I have been blessed to share my house and life with 8 bassets, 4 of whom are with us now.  And I wouldn't change a thing.

Don't forget to hug a basset today.  And give thanks for those goofy furry blessings full of drool.  And for everything else good too.
Thanksgiving drool from Ninja, Marley, Maggie, and Shelby and Happy Thanksgiving wishes from the rest of us