[Dailydrool] What to do when etc (two sisters together)

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 19:15:04 PST 2010

One would certainly hope that at sexual maturity the casual owner would have
the bitch spayed, which I believe relieves a lot of the tension. If the new
owner is a breeder/exhibitor, one would assume that the owner would know
enough to monitor the two sisters and perhaps place them next to each other
in runs but with a different dog (or bitch.)
I have heard only of one instance in which two bitches-- not sisters-- tried
to kill each other after years of living together. They went through a door
at the same time. One bitch eventually had to be re-homed and they were not
Bassets. They were a much more highly-strung breed.
I have two brothers but one is neutered. They fight now and then. It has not
been serious,altho the sound and fury is extremely alarming. I would never
place Conley together in a small space with any of the others, nor Cooper:
they both need space. Nigel and Llewis go together as a team except to be
fed. The worst fights we have had have been over microscopic pieces of food.
MomPerson to Nigel, Llewsi, Conley and Cooper