[Dailydrool] What to do when etc (two sisters together)

saraberry at aol.com saraberry at aol.com
Fri Nov 26 11:23:45 PST 2010

I want to apologize to Sandi for my email that went back to the entire list.  It was meant to only go to her.

Let me also say that I am sure that Sandi does all the right things for her dogs and that sometimes for a multitude of reasons, a placement can just not turn out as expected, which seems to be the case.

If you have sisters, brothers or other related dogs without any issues, then don't second guess, you are just fine!

There is research that some sisters from the same litter will become extremely competitive and aggressive with age, but I don't believe this has ever been documented in basset hounds, and I certainly have seen many basset siblings getting along well, just like Sandi describes, and I think it is highly admirable that she is keeping these two together!

Best*

Sara