[Dailydrool] Lizzy ~

Cynthia.Dooley at gdc4s.com Cynthia.Dooley at gdc4s.com
Tue Nov 30 11:30:43 PST 2010

Hi Alicia ~

We had the same problem when we adopted Clyde.
Rocky became very territorial, at one point I thought I was going to
have to give up poor Clyde because Rocky was being so mean to him..
Believe it or not, they do all manage to work it out, in time.  My vet
told me that unless one is really being injured to just let them work it
out (ofcourse, you have other's that DO get hurt)  Just because the
others were there first doesn't mean that Lizzie won't end-up being the
Alpha dog.

I have a book called "Mine". It about dogs that think everything and
everyone Is there's and how do deal with the aggression.  Maybe you
could try it. If only for peace of mind.  Turned-out, the way we were
reacting to this turned out to be wrong, so the book helped us a lot.
The more we reprimanded the bully and coddled the other, the worse
things got..

I wonder if a trainer may be able to give you some good advice. If it
keeps you from having to give up Lizzie it will be worth it.

Good luck.

Cindy Dooley/ Rocky (I'm a good boy now) & Clyde (My brudder doesn't
bully me anymore :-)  )