[Dailydrool] Removing Tartar

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Fri Nov 5 10:51:31 PDT 2010

Our vet recommends Hill's Science Diet Oral Care dog food as treats. She says the way the kibble is made (big, hard and hollow) causes the dog's teeth to get scraped as they bite down. We haven't tried it, but we probably will. Frank and Tina's molars are good because of the bully sticks we let them chew on every day, but their canine teeth are a bit ugly!

Of course, reduce the amount of their usual food by how much of the SD you give them -- don't want fatties!

Nancy, owned by Frank the Tank (has lost 5 lbs this year, is just right) and Tina the Sock-stealer (has gained 2 lbs this year, is also just right;)