[Dailydrool] removing tartar

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 10:00:04 PDT 2010

I usually give my 3 a small rawhide bone on Fridays when I go grocery
shopping so that I can bring in the bags and put things away without any
"help".  Lately I have noticed more tartar on the teeth of all 3.  Just
wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a better method of removing the
tartar other than rawhide (which I'm not crazy about anyway because I always
worry about blockages).  I did get Dentistix by Pedigree but there's only 7
to a package and at $5.00/package x3 dogs x every day that equals $$.  I've
heard bad things about greenies so have never given those.  Will the large
size milk bones do the job?  How about the raw bones you can get at the
supermarket?  I also have to worry about Reba's "waist size" since she is a
little portly so I can't give a lot of milk bones to her.. she usually gets
carrots when the other 2 get their "last call snack".  Any suggestions?

Tina