[Dailydrool] Bully Sticks

Teresa Featheringham MaagT at pg.noacsc.org
Tue Nov 9 06:02:05 PST 2010

My parents had a meat market that I worked in when I was growing up, and we
did our own custom butchering. People would come in and ask for bully
sticks.  I was in High School when we bought the place, and I was very
naive.  Well I learned pretty quickly what they were and so I asked what
they did with those.  Mostly they would get them and dry them and hang
cement blocks on them to stretch them out and then use them for walking
sticks...I kid you not.  But most would let them dry and feed them to their
dogs.  I had forgotten about them until Nancy mentioned that she gives them
to Frank and Tina and then shared the cute video of them.  My boys love
them, and what I like about them, is that they are highly digestible and
they don't cause the scoots, plus their teeth are looking great.  In fact
Deuce is starting to ask for them everyday, but I only let them have one
about every other day.  I buy the 6" and let them eat the whole thing at
once.  Deuce will stand by where I keep them and bark and look over at me
and I have to tell him he has to wait until the next day.  Yes they do
stink, and with all the slobber they make eating them, it does kinda make a
mess, but that's Ok...it's all about the dental advantages.

Teresa( Yes, I buy bull penis for my dogs)
Deuce ( I want it NOW!!!!!)
Rowdy(Oh..so tasty)