[Dailydrool] Buddydawg

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Tue Nov 9 21:11:28 PST 2010

FEYFEY!!! Get your claws out of my tail. I know it is you.....yes, I know
that bobbydawg, er, buddydawg went to the bridge. The she slave has been in
tears.  He was the only foster houndie who ever really stayed and moved out.
His little fluffy face is still in a framed picture on the shelf. They talk
about the cheesehound all the time, cause he so loved his cheese.

He's there? A hound named Happy came to greet him and check on his
person....then Sydney B? Yes, I know. He was here in January 2003. Had a bit
of a discussion with Syd, who got put on the other side of the fence. They
made nice, then Syd flopped down on his bed and went to the bridge too
young. (Sudden anyeurism)  Sydney B. glad to see him? I'm happy.

'Bobby' came from the Southern Ocean Shelter. He'd been at the Northern
Ocean Shelter and they sent him south to try and find a home. He was a
fluffy guy, with soft fur. fey says he was a bearnese mountain basset. He
loved his cuddles and loved his CHEESE.  The slaves would love to have had
him be a keeper, but at the time, there were four. Feyfey, Woo, Sydney B.
and Bobbydawg. He slave draws the line at a maximum of three. Bobbydawg went
to a howliday pawty to meet a prospective adopter. They looked at him as if
he was less than worthy because he wasn't the quintessential basset. That
was not going to happen.

A few weeks later, Rene'e came along. She met bobbydawg in a diner parking
lot and loved him at first sight. She couldn't take him for a little bit,
but clearly adored him. Sydney went to the bridge in the week that followed.
Rene'e kindly offered to let him stay, but we couldn't take him from her.
We'd been bad enough on Woo.  Bobbbydawg became Buddydawg and truly loved.
He didn't come round as often as he said he would but had a good life as the
man of her house. I suspect he never thought he got nuff cheese, but know
she tried.

Auntie feyfey says that Woo and Syd both came woofin to see Buddydawg. It's
been almost 8 years and they remember him well. In honor of his arrival, the
buffet is laid entirely with cheese. Every kind imaginable. Buddydawg might
actually get enough. I'm grateful we got to share a few months with him and
that he found his place. To the people who let him go to the shelter in the
first place.....your loss.

L'Chaim, little buddy.

Queen Pawtunia and the slaves, Rich and dawn
..and Rusty