[Dailydrool] sebaceous cyst question

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 07:44:42 PDT 2010

Maggie, who will be 11 in less than a month, seems to have a few sebaceous
cysts popping up. One was under her hair and my mother was brushing her and
didn't know it was there. It opened it up. I've found another on the middle
of her back that pushes the hair up. She has had sebaceous cysts in the past
and these are not large. The largest one is almost the size of a dime. I
have seen the vet express them before. Gently as to not push the material
back inside. I read up that liquid silver can be purchased, trim away the
hair, and using a sterile needle open the cyst, express it and treat with
liquid silver.  My question is where to purchase liquid silver.  I am going
to trim the hair away today so I can keep a better eye on the cysts and make
sure they are not open. If so I will put triple antibiotic cream on it until
I can find liquid silver. I don't want to put her under to have small cysts
removed. If they grow larger or one appears that is not sebaceous then I
would take her to the vet to see if she needed needle aspiration and/or
surgery.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,