[Dailydrool] Puppy's Name

Diane Surman diane512 at ptd.net
Fri Oct 8 14:53:36 PDT 2010

Hi,
I have been getting a lot of e-mails asking what the blind puppy's name is.
His name is Max.  He is really doing well, and I would have been so foolish
to pass him up.  I should say that he is not a Basset, but lives with 2
Bassets and a rough Collie. He is a smooth Collie.  I think because I
already had 2 Bassets, I had the perfect home for him.  Not only have the
Bassets taught me patience over the years, we have made a lot of changes to
our home to accommodate them and all these things will greatly help him.  We
took the steps off our deck and put a ramp in and when we put an addition on
our house 3 years ago and made it a sunken room, my husband made the 1
actual step down into the room wide enough that the Bassets could land on it
  We wanted to put a ramp in for them in that room too, but the building
code didn't allow it. These things will certainly make it easier for him to
get around.

He's very energetic and really tires me out.  Let's face it, none of us are
getting any younger. He really is a joy to be around.  My dogs have accepted
him and things seem to be working out fine.

I do appreciate everyone's good wishes.

Diane