[Dailydrool] misc and food question

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 05:07:21 PDT 2010

We wanted to first offer our condolences on Belle going to the bridge. We
will light a candle in her honor tonight.

Thank you Anitra on stating where to buy the silver. We have some natural
food stores around so perhaps I can look there.

Next, there seems to be a weight issue in one of our hounds so I took last
night to research foods that are available at our local Petsmart.  Well I
would love to put him on Wellness, I really can't afford to pay $51.99 for
26 pounds of food for one dog plus feed the other 4. (I got laid off on Oct
1st from my job, but husband is still employed).  So I have eliminated all
other foods available on Petsmart's website except 2. Blue Buffalo Weight
Control has 20% Protein, 6% Fat and 7% Fiber in it. The other is Nutro
Natural Choice Lite with 14% Protein, 6% Fat and 6.5% Fiber.  I realize the
big difference is the amount of protein. From human perspective, I know that
protein fills a person up and makes them not hungry so if I were eating it
as a human I would go with Blue Buffalo. I am just not sure with a dog.
What the hound was on was Iams small bites in the green bag with the black
and white dog on it with 25% protein, 14% fat and 4% fiber. He is gaining
way too much weight. He does not get ANY table scraps. He gets one treat a
day and that is either a small dog biscuit, a small natural dog disk (has 9
calories in it) or a small beggin strip. That is all. I know I can do the
green bean thing too, but just not sure about it. He is starting to waddle
and his collar has needed adjusting again. I know of the back issues, etc.
that he is at risk for. He is 1 year and 7 months old. He plays, runs
around, acts like a normal dog. Gets less than one cup of food daily which
we measure out with measuring cups level. Thanks again. I want to get him
switched over, or start the switch over, asap.

Maggie is having a few off days. She does not have the spring in her step
that she has had. She seems to bark at the young enz for a short time while
they play and give a quick chase and then she is done in for the day. She
will sleep the rest of the time.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,