[Dailydrool] Drool request for Fred and Annie's Beagle Uncle

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 07:30:04 PDT 2010

I hope that this is basset-related enough to get through...my mom (a big supporter of Mid-ABHR and HOP, and a fan of Senior Hounds Abound) has an almost 9 year-old Beagle named Riley.  Riley had a seizure in February.  The vet told my mom that it's not uncommon in older dogs, and that if they became more frequent, they would consider medicine.  He's been fine since then, but on Wednesday morning, he had what my mom thinks was another mild seizure...the first one was much worse.  They did a bunch of tests on him and, other than a slightly sluggish thyroid, found nothing.  He has had Lyme disease twice, so he is being treated again with Doxycycline.  The vets did recommend an MRI this time, since one possible cause of seizures in older dogs is a brain mass.  My parents are taking him to a top neuro vet this coming Friday.  Other than these 2 seizures, he has no other symptoms.

Riley is my mom's heart-dog, her 5th child, her best friend.  She will do whatever is necessary to keep him healthy and with her.  If any of the hounds have some extra no-brain tumor drool to send Uncle Riley's way, Fred and Annie would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Rose (worried), Fred and Annie (we got Uncle Riley a present!)