[Dailydrool] Nurse Karen...on going Marlene

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 08:01:40 PDT 2010

Now Marlene I want you to hear this part.  The ER nurse called me.  She was in
the
middle of a massive heart attack.  She went by Life Flight to the larger
hospital that
could handle this kind of cardiac event.  The whole time she was talking to
everyone and
even joking even though her blood pressure was 70 over nada and her pulse was
over 190.

So what is 5 hours in the scheme of 20, 30 or 70 years more with your houndies?
Now
behave or I will come down and go Nurse Karen on your butt!

 I rest my case, Karen.  Heart attacks are no respecter of age, gender...whatever.  Especially now that it is being discovered that they are NOT just caused by elevated cholesterol levels and blocked arteries, but can also be triggered by infections which damage the walls of coronary arteries, giving tiny clots or pieces of "yuck" a place to stick.  Women present so atypically - some have NO chest discomfort, just an overwhelming feeling of fatigue or anxiety or other "something is just not right" type of complaint.

Glad your stress test results were "normal,"  Marlene.  Did you have a nuclear test where they started an IV an injected a radioactive isotope?  Those are the most definitive ones.  Re: having a cardiac cath; in order to make an informed decision ask the doc WHY he is really recommending it.  Is he just covering all the bases...or is there any small "irregularity" on any of the testing, labs, etc. done so far?  I'm not a huge fan of "just to be safe" caths as all invasive procedures carry a degree of risk.  This decision, however, should be made jointly and after much thought and information, by you and the doc.

You need to be healthy for you, hubby and your houndie gurls...especially Evil Annie, the BIRTHDAY gurl!  Our crew send snooters...

Hugs, Sandi
Mamaslave to the NJ4
Daisy, Delilah, Dozer and Dudley

-