[Dailydrool] hair loss in hound

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 9 14:27:51 PDT 2010

Dee, I have had dachshunds all my life. They are at risk for hypothyroidism. Several of mine were on thyroid hormone. Hair loss and weight gain on limited food are signs of hypothyroidism. I would take him to the vet and tell the vet all the symptoms. They can do a blood test to see if needs thyroid medicine.

The Thundering Herd just welcomed two new members - a 12 week old Golden Retriever pup (a Walmart Special - the people said she was the last one and if I didn't take her she was going to the pound. I took her and told them about low cost spay programs). Her name is Penny. Also our mare gave birth to a beautiful little boy Thursday night). The Bassets like Penny most of the time.

Brenda and the Thundering Herd