[Dailydrool] Achy legs?

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 10:21:38 PDT 2010

Annie seems to be reluctant to jump up onto the couch since last night.  She will pace in the dining room and then, when she finally gets into the living room, she'll stand and stare at the couch, then walk away, come back, walk away.  When she finally does jump up, she seems to be summoning all of her will to do so.  Today she let me help her up once, then ran away the next time I tried to help her.  When I left for work, she seemed like she was going to settle on the dog bed rather than on HER couch.  When I took them out for a walk this morning, I heard a yelp when she jumped off of the couch, but I think I also clipped Fred's ear with his leash hook at the same time, so it might've been him...

Annie is not limping, so I don't really know what I would take her to the vet for.  She has had problems with her legs before, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has arthritis.  Is there anything over-the-counter that I can give her?  She weighs about 62 lbs.

Thanks in advance!

Rose, Annie (why is the couch so high) and Fred (now I have more room!)