[Dailydrool] Blue powder ear treatment - need reliable vendor plus a question on using Witch Hazel

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Tue Oct 19 11:51:10 PDT 2010

I'm running into all sorts of problems trying to get the boric acid
powder and 1% gentian violet solution to make the Blue powder ear
solution.  Can someone send me a link to a reliable online ordering site
where I can get those?  I have tried local pharmacies, stores, you name
it - no one has either item.    They have tried special ordering and I
am still waiting.  I did try ordering online at one place and they
messed up the order.  So if you know of a good online source for those
two ingredients, please email it to me offline.
 Also, has anyone ever tried using Witch Hazel instead of isopropyl
alcohol when making this stuff up? If so, does it seem to work as well?
I read somewhere that Witch Hazel is less harsh on really inflamed,
irritated ears?
Thanks!
Nancy