[Dailydrool] elephant ears and front leg issues

Dana Allen dguinn_00 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 15:00:59 PDT 2010

Hey all, thanks so much for all the responses about Gus Gus, the flanged ribs and general possessiveness.  We are still working the toy issues, having separate toys and putting them up after play time.  He seems to be contact to sit at my feet with his as long as I don't move, but as soon as I do he jumps to aggressively steal someone else's toy!  Oh well, we are a work in progress.
Gus Gus is also known as elephant ears around the house, not because of the big ole floppy things he sports, but because of my new two plants I was hoping to disguise and electrical box with!  As soon as those huge elephant ear leaves started unfolding he decided they were a new toy!  Everytime I turn around he is playing and chewing on my elephant ears, any suggestions?
All 3 of my bassets from time to time limp on either their left or right front leg, totally due to the rowdiness I'm sure.  I don't know who said bassets were lazy but they obviously never had one!  I generally don't take them to the vet when one starts limping, it usually will go away  in a day or two and only appears when they have been extra raucous, or snuck onto the couch or bed (which are entirely too high to jump off) and are trying to make a quick escape!  Do you think that is OK?  The not going to the vet each time?
Healing drool to all who are in need.  My 13 year old lab was helped to the bridge this summer and it has been so much harder than I expected.  I hope all know that our fur babies will be waiting for us to join them, it keeps my heart from breaking knowing this!
Dana - neighborhood crazy basset ladyTuffy - still the boss and the squeaky fish is MINEGus Gus - those elephant ears look like mine!Peach - still just so glad to be here, more treats?