[Dailydrool] Duchess

Judith judith at wittelsholdings.com
Wed Oct 20 16:53:43 PDT 2010

Dear Droolers,
Please tonight when you say your Now I lay me downs to sleep please include an old dog named Duchess.  Duchess is not a basset but a hound that just came in to a rescue that a friend of mine runs, her name is Marsha and she is a doll, I met her online with the rescue of a basset mix ,sick and injured in a kill shelter in GA & no room in basset rescue. with the help of Marsha, Riley as he was named was rescued and sent to a rescue in Connecticut where he was adopted from. Duchess had never been spayed and was dumped over a fence at a kill shelter in NC. she had a huge mammary tumor which has been removed now and it was discovered that she has cancer in the bone. This is probably the first time in her life that someone is giving her care, and love, so please open your very big hearts and welcome this dog that needs all the prayers that can be said.
I am very sad tonight even though I have never looked into her eyes or felt her soft fur, why does this hurt so much?
Judy