[Dailydrool] alarm clocks

Pat Wood patshoundies at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 21:53:26 PDT 2010

I might have the perfect alarm clock to suggest for you!

My husband had a fishin' buddy who used to work 20 hours straight as manager
of a fast food place, and  would come over to our house to get ready to go
fishing in the early morning. He'd arrive at 1 or 2 am and drop into the
deepest sleep I've ever seen.  He lived alone and was NEVER be wake by
himself, no alarm clock, clock radio or anything blaring had ever roused him
when he crashed into REM sleep IMMEDIATELY!  so, my husband would wake him
up at 5:30 am to go fishin, which they loved to do more than anything (well,
maybe hunting ducks or deer some too)...I should say, TRY to wake him!
After  two or three times of it taking huge efforts to wake him to go
fishing, I found the perfect answer which actually WORKED!

We found a plastic Mickey Mouse figure alarm clock.  It would say "ECCH
ECCH (screaming kinda noise) (in Mickey's squeaky voice)  it's time to get
up! TIME TO GET UP AND GET DRESSED AND HAVE A GOOOOOOOOOOD BREAKFAST! this
would repeat EVER LOUDER ad nauseum until someone shut it OFF.  We placed it
across the room from our friend, and the first time IT WORKED!! HE JUMPED UP
(after about 10 repeats of the message) and stumbled across the room and
shut 'er off! It certainly got all of US up on the first ECCH ECCH!  I'm
sure Elder Clara would LOVE to hear that alarm, she'd fall off her perch for
sure!

Maybe I can find you one on E-bay Debbie!

Pat Wood
Hannah (I snore, but I always get up at 7:00-nature calls!)
Annabella (I like to sleep in until I get my morning belly rubs and kisses)
Abbie (I don't get much REM sleep, I've got itchy allergies and they keep me
up alot)  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ