[Dailydrool] 8 year old male urinating

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 05:01:32 PDT 2010

Renee, has your vet checked the 8 year old male for cushings? One of the
first signs in excessive drinking and excessive urination.  It seems
something should have showed up in the CBC or blood chemistry panel. Did the
vet do a urinalysis? I don't have a basset or any dog with cushings so I am
not that educated on it. It has just been recommended to me before. I am the
one with Mazzie--the female basset that has urination issues repeatedly. She
does not drink excessively or urinate excessively though.  She has urinated
on human beds before and I know that some people are going to disagree with
this, but she has only done this when we are gone and didn't kennel her as
if it was due to the fact that we were not there. Not saying out of spite,
but perhaps a separation anxiety.  Anyhow, they do make diapers or in boys
case something else which I am forgetting the name of them--they cover the
penis up to get the urine instead while inside. We use human attend with the
velcro dog diaper over it and then two baby pins to hold that turned so they
can't poke Mazzie because she will rub the diaper off if not.  Good luck. I
know how frustrating the process is. We have been dealing with this with
Mazzie for what seems like forever. I would suggest that you do some
research online after hearing from droolers and then discuss it with your
vet.

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,