[Dailydrool] Blood tests for allergies

Rosemary Ryan r2 at q.com
Thu Oct 21 21:32:57 PDT 2010

[For a long time my posts have shown up on the list as only a URL link.
Hopefully, I've finally figured out how to fix the problem.  Here's what
I tried to post about blood tests for allergies.]

On the subject of blood tests for allergies, my doggie dermatologist
says that they are accurate for environmental allergens (e.g. dust,
grasses, pollens, mold, etc.) but not for food allergies. According to
him, the only accurate way to assess food allergies is to find a simple
diet to which the dog is not allergic and then add other foods, one at a
time, which you feed long enough to see whether a reaction occurs. This
is a painstaking and long process.

Best,

Rosemary