[Dailydrool] food aggression

Dave and Sue Autry SAUTRY at cfl.rr.com
Fri Oct 22 04:57:47 PDT 2010

Dear Drool,

  Been overwhelmed with so much the past week.  Phoebe gets her stitches out today from the spay.
She has done well.  With the sleeping downstairs and the keeping puppy away for a week while she healed, I am pooped!!  The puppy (bassador Harvey) now weighs 38+ mpounds and I cannot pick him up from the floor to put him in the crate at night after her falls asleep on the floor.  He wakes up anyway in the middle of the night - in the cate or on the floor!!  Moomy Drool Slave is sleep deprived!!
    3 yr old Tilly has always been food aggressive and the puppy has set it off to the point where I cannot even give the puppy a peanut butter Kuda in the crate as I am gettring ready to leave with out an aggressive ficiouos growl and howl banging on the crate and scaring the puppy to death.  A really mean, evil thing!! I am going to my dog trainer this morning for help.  It reminds me of the fears for my 6 grandchildren because they always have food in their hands.  We got Tilly @ 6 weeks from a backyard breeder and she has lots of issues: separation anxiey, fear of storms, certain people she does not like etc.  Maybe this is a wake up call to me to do something before a crises with the grandchildren exists.  I am always very nervous when the kids are here.

  I am willing to admit that I have taken on too much with the 3rd dog and don't know what to do.  Has anyone elso felt this way?  Is there an answer other than calling basset rescue?

  Tilly reacted this way more mildly to Phoebe when we got her last year.  Right now, meal times, I am keeping Tilly in a separate room or on the porch.  Help  Drool family!!  Sue