[Dailydrool] Basset Howl-o-ween Pawty!

Houndy2 at aol.com Houndy2 at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 14:10:35 PDT 2010

It rained on our Howl-o-ween Pawty but  nobody cared...we had lots of
cheerful helpers and most of all the Bassets truly had fun playing chase and
running loose on the wet grass ..wet everything! Wet AIR! lol... even Georg
who  prefers to neverget his pawsies wet and poop or pee inside when not
forced to go  outdoors into the wet...George and Munchin ad about halfthe dogs
there I  thin...totally sniffed the entire perimiter of the Academy Daycare
Grounds!  POURING  RAIN..and they were outside getting poured on..with tails
up  totally engrosed in the sniffing.

It helped to have heaters and  lots of treets and  for the  hoomans hot
cider and coffee! That famous homemade potato salad and rolled  sanwiches and
all the good potluck stuff! Mmmmmm

We had a couple of bassets who figured out how to CLIMB up the picket fence
 ON THE  BUNGIE CORDS ...TO GET UP ONTO THE BASSET BUFFET TABLE TOO!
Mountaineers!

Pretty soon we will have photos up  of pawty goers on our web site
_www.adoptabasset.net_ (http://www.adoptabasset.net)  and on the
_www.Seattlebassetmeetup.com_ (http://www.Seattlebassetmeetup.com)  site  that Joni, Patty, and
Laurelin run.
Our Judges: Ellie,Louisa,and Suzie chose from the many truly creative  and
fun entries:
LuLu won as Princess  (with tutu gown,wings,and tiarra) and Wally  won as
Speedbump (orange cone on head with a loooong yellow tube with speed bump
black lines...)  The costume...of the JIFFY PUP!(HUGE popped popcorn  skillet
cheerfully  and jauntily carried) So many great costumes on  hounds and
humans too!

We missed seeing many of our Basset Lover Friends  but Many came   even
though it poured rain alot...and it all urned out just fine!
See You in the Springtime for BASET FUN DAY for some more  goodhearted
Bassets and their people having a fun day!

Love and Woofs frum, Alexa reporting for Hudson and Henry  (tired  still
all 8 paws up) ... too tired to get offa the couch and tell you  about
yesterdays Basset Rescue of Puget Sounds Howl-o-ween!