[Dailydrool] Jack and Emma's Gotcha Day!!

CeAnne Harbin ceanne_harbin at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 09:07:23 PDT 2010

Good morning everyone!!  I just had to post because I am really happy today.  3
years ago today, I adopted Jack and Emma from 4 the Hounds Basset Rescue.  They
are absolutely the light of my life.  I could have never asked for two better
babies!  When I picked them up, I had just lost my beloved heart-dog Summer the
month before.  It had been a terrible month, I had taken a few weeks off to go
and visit my family in Texas.  On my way back home, I had made arrangements to
drive through Missouri and pick up Jack and Emma to take them with me to their
new forever home.  I was VERY excited and so ready to have my house full of
hound antics again.  The rescue thought they were about 4 years old and they
were a bonded pair, so they had to be adopted together.  They love, love, love
each other and hate being apart!!  That was perfect for me.

Upon meeting them, Emma ran up to me first and jumped up on me and gave me a
sweet kiss when I bent down to greet her, she was so excited.  I hoisted her up
into the back up my Subaru where she threw up - twice!!  She was car sick from
her ride over to meet me...but she still wagged that little tail and curled up
and laid down in the back of my car.  Jack was next....he was a goofy, sweet lug
of a boy and he rolled right over for a belly rub.  I rubbed his belly, hoisted
him up into the car with his sister and took off for the 2 1/2 hour drive home
(poor Emma!).  On the road, Jack laid his chin on my shoulder as I drove.  When
I looked over at him to tell him what a good sweet boy he was, he licked my
chin.  What a sweetheart!!  I was in love with both of them!!

Here we are 3 years later and they are healthy, happy and both of them are just
my heart dogs.  Is it really possible to have 3 heart dogs in a row?  Am I
really THAT lucky?!?  They make me laugh constantly.  They are both wonderful
snugglers and have definitely mastered the look that makes me RUN, not walk, to
the treat shelf whenever they deem it necessary.  Emma was recently diagnosed
with Arthritis, but I've got her on a heavy Omega 3 diet along with some
Cosequin DS.  She seems to be doing much better.  Side note:  I would love to
hear from other droolers who are battling arthritis with their babies.  If you
are doing anything different or in addition, I would really appreciate hearing
what works for others.

Jack is still my goofball.  In his mind play=love=play=love, etc.  He is so cute
and such a comedian, I just melt when I look at him.  Emma is a Momma's girl for
sure and wants to stick close to me whenever possible.  She also has an
excellent internal clock!  At 7:30 in the morning, she starts whining at
Mom....it's time for me to leave for work (and they both get a treat before I
go).  5:30 PM, she starts whining at me because it's dinner time.  8:00 PM, more
whining because it's Night Night Treat time.  10:00 PM, time for belly rubs and
bed.  Any time she gets happy or excited, she brings me her favorite toy...not
for me to throw it or anything, she's just happy and wants to share.  It's very
sweet!!  They have a nightly wrestle and do the Basset 500 through the house.
Then they both collapse for their much needed nap.

Below is a link to pictures of my two sweetest angels.  I am thankful for every
day that they are with me.  I hope that we have many, many more Gotcha Day
celebrations together.  I made them steak for breakfast this morning and they'll
be getting more of it throughout the day.  So, everyone give your hounds a hug
and a kiss today and maybe even an extra special treat in Jack and Emma's
honor.  As we all know, their time with us is never long enough.  Appreciate
every second that you have with them now.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035517&id=1074759736&l=f7e76aa49f

CeAnne
Adoring Mom to Jack and Emma in Kansas