[Dailydrool] Morse's lips

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:51:02 PDT 2010

------------

Becky wrote:
So Morse went to the vets today, and she didnt think he was
particularly stressed (in fact she smiled when I asked if she thought
he might be a little stressed, but
--Yes, I believe that Mr. Morse may be suffering from:  "I gonna sulk
and see how much I can get mommy to worry and fusss" - itis.

 but she thought the smell was due to the lips\flews. I was really
surprised at this.
---This is the dreaded Stinky Flew/ Lip Fold Pyoderma diagnosis.
Bozlee (Morse's American twin) suffers chronically from this.  It will
go away with antibiotics, then return again in a coupld of months.  We
wipe his flews (lower lip area, basically) with Oxy pads or with a
50/50 solution of apple cider vinegar and water, and that seems to
help a bit.  But whew - his lips smell like the town landfill.

so the vet and I think that the cottage we are renting probably has
got fleas from previous residents with their dogs.
---OR from the fact that it's FOUR HUNDRED YEARS OLD.  We don't have a
single structure in the US that's that old - I am sure the fleas have
lived there unchecked since the Great Fire of London!

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!