[Dailydrool] flying with a basset

Kelly Anderson kaanders3 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:27:08 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm moving from the U.S. to Germany approximately a year from now with
my 8ish-year-old basset. He's too large to fly with me in the cabin,
so he'll have to fly as checked baggage--not a happy prospect for
either of us. Does anyone have experience transporting large dogs on
long flights? I would love to hear others' experiences, good or bad,
and any pieces of advice. Please feel free to reply to me off list.
Thank you very much!

Sending lots of heart-healing, hurt-healing drool for everyone who could use it,
Kelly and Otis (more the armchair-traveler type)