[Dailydrool] Chips And Planting Other Treats - The Sad Truth

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 15:06:10 PDT 2010

I wrote last week saying that we heated some chips up and Morse was delighted,
and it 'worked'.  Well, it did, kind of. What I didnt say was that, in between
the chips, Morse looked very un-amused and stood staring at us both with a
'well, now what?' look on his face, and was reluctant - to say the least - to
budge until he saw another chip. So I decided on another tact; cat food. Yes,
back at 'home', ah the halcyon days of home, Morse loved going to the flats
where an elderly lady would leave cat food out. He would try and dodge past me
to get to this cat food. So last week I wandered down the lane where we were
going to take him for a walk a few minutes later, and planted cat food at a few
intervals, only perhaps a spoonful. I wore my bumbag and stored the cat food tin
and fork where Morse's water bottle goes. Imagine my dismay when I get to the
end of the walk and turn back to collect Morse, and a chocolate labrador walks
past with his owner, and proceeds to stop several times up the lane where some
idiot has placed cat food.
*sigh*

Becky (what now?), Morse (think of something!) and Pumbaa ATB (I can't believe
what I'm reading)