[Dailydrool] Bloat

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sun Oct 31 15:22:59 PDT 2010

Our Shirk had bloat when he was about 8.  We rushed him to our vet
immediately who came in at midnight and tacked down his stomach.  We took
him home two hours later and he was fine and never had bloat again.  Shirk
lived to about 14.  I could not rest easy without his having had the surgery
and the vet said it was a must or he would have bloated again almost
certainly.

We now give our bassets one half Gas-X after each of their two meals.  Our
vet said it may not help or it may but will do no harm.

We are very careful to with hold water for about an hour before and after
eating with no strenuous exercise before or after.

Good luck with whatever you decide...

Sally Pixel and Browser