[Dailydrool] Putting weight on a dog

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 10:38:59 PDT 2010

I started a new job a few months ago and haven't been able to keep up with the
Drool, so we're sending drool to everyone who needs it, human and hound.

Because my new job is quite a bit further from home than my old one, I don't get
home until quite late, so we don't go to the park as often as usual. In order to
keep Basil from becoming completely antisocial, I've been sending him to daycare
a few days a week. He loves it, but with all the additional exercise, he's
started to lose weight. (Unfortunately I haven't!) He's a skinny guy anyway, and
I think he's getting too thin. Does anyone have some food suggestions that will
help me put some weight back on him? He has a sensitive stomach, so I do a
combination of home cooking and Honest Kitchen; I'm looking for human food that
I can add in that's high in calories, but not terribly high in fat (don't want
another pancreatitis episode.)

(And yes, he's been checked by the vet; he's not ill, just getting a lot more
activity than before. She says she's never really had a client that had to GAIN
weight before, so she's not sure what to suggest.)

Thanks!

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB